View Profile ethereal-monk

14 Movie Reviews

The Perfection of Animation and Programing

Absolutely amazing. It is still hard to believe how good this is. Your animation is pretty much as perfect as it gets. I would comment on the slash effects but thats your choice of style. On top of all this animation is wonderful programming, I love it, you can customize views and play speed then watch the video over and over while getting a different experience every time even with custom added scenes and views you might not see in ten views. It is amazing how much code polish has been put into this game. This may represent the future of animation and games too. If a games was made like this, with as much randomization with style, setting AND gameplay, it would be by far the best flash game ever created.

Great

Really enjoyed watching your movie. This is I believe the best sprite animation I've seen, so congratulations on everything. I only hope more people read your FAQ and stop making premature and stupid comments. I think what you did with 2d and sprites was really pro. The rotation around Neo was sweet and lots of other effects like depth were done very well, all around goodness. There were a few glitches like with the pole but I dont really see a remedy to that when using sprites. Cant wait to see any more projects you have.

LeviFolds responds:

Thank you. I also wish people would use their heads to the fullest...worst part is, some of them are, yikes!

...

Cool idea and I think you should make more, but you guys really need to be a bit more original. The toaster for example, it was almost the same thing or concept each time. With the computer thats just too easy so make it extra good. (there were lots of explosions anyways). He even got shot too much, like when you make a new one, really try to be original and branch out from the others. The goat was completely random and can be funny but try and make it slightly truthful and have more ideas, not just the goat is a tank. I liked the new camera angles with the goat telepathy, that was a nice change but more is needed. The animation looked like each one took like 15 minutes to do. Put some more effort and detail into the drawings. I dont mean to be harsh or anything but it just needs some work. I look forward to the next one though. (I know a four out of ten or 2 out of 5 is a shitty score but do you really think this deserves a 4.27? out of 5?)

9 Game Reviews

Huge Potential

I loved it, and even though it is in beta it is already top notch for internet gaming. 5/5 and a 9/10 for the perfection that is still coming. However I'll put 10/10 officially because this deserves it more than other games here.
I can't wait to see whats coming and here are some suggestions to maybe help you out. By the way, any suggestion I offer is not a demand, it's your game and not mine =)
Map - At first you have no idea where to put stuff making it hard to be efficient and when you do start to understand, making a good looking and efficient map is even harder. Especially when a bomb is your only redo. So I suggest in the tutorial that you offer placement spots that look nice and work mildly well instead of instant free choice. But one can choose to skip the tutorial if they know the game. With building replacement, bombing is a little sketchy so maybe you can choose to uproot or burn forests, collapse hills, and transport buildings via truck or something for a cost instead of annihilating half your island. Next - When a player runs out of land you have an urge to keep expanding so if can pay to create more land wherever that would be sweet but first you have to wait for it as it grows or some device charges (maybe even a happy volcano) and pay a hefty fee. Next - I like the idea of starting out on a small island but if you started out zoomed in and not even being able to see the ocean then as your settlement grows the camera zooms out but you Bunni stays the same size. This would add to the accomplishment the player feels and add some detail as well. I would love that but that may not be the direction you want to go.
Difficulty - I think that the game needs to be way more difficult or or moreso have way more challenges other than deer. When I played they were never much of a threat and mainly just a nuisance because I had to bomb my settlement, however if the enemy was mean enough any player would have no problem bombing him. As for monsters, you may not have the gems to pay or if you do they are of no consequence(I actually started just selling them) The existence of other settlements would also be cool, for example, Barbarian Deer Settlements, a Deer City along with Deer King, and a hidden Monster Town in the forest you can tame with love and then overthrow the deer together. (Btw the love and cuteness theme really work well). Similar stuff could be done with Pirates and you could even have mini-games for battles and finding treasure or taking a ship to another island. - Speaking of expansion, you could eventually take ships away from your first Island or cluster on move on to different levels with more character interactions, and even pay for convoys to ship some goods out from your previous islands or to find you can go back and unlock more adventures/land etc.
Story/ Character Interaction/ Dialogue - I think you could probably expand most on the story, so far there is only cuteness and with the women it is just about buying them more things and doesn't really follow up with a true love theme. I can sense the humor but it can be placed elsewhere to enhance but not take away from the main plot. Like with the Bunni you marry, there was no love, only gifts. Even something as cliche as a kidnapping would enhance things alot, or some blushing when you first meet, with dialogue inferring excitement each time you meet again.
Now for Sidenotes - The Dance, however humorous, kind of takes away from pg gamers being able to play which would be a big audience for you.
- Orchards, get absolutely massive (I covered pirate island), so I would just suggest that the game moves on before they get that big.
- If you like the difficulty suggestions, you could offer just a free play mode for those who don't want conflict (a smaller audience than those who do but still an audience).
- Stats, make them more obvious (trees, bunnies etc.)
- Selling, it could be easier

I am out of room now lol, but with some polish this could be PlaystationNetwork material.
If you need a writer/design, e-mail me, etherealmonk@hotmail.com

Nice and Solid

Good Job AF. It's simple but it's just Pong anyways. Everything was well done and your collision detection is perfect :D . You can't say that to a lot of people. There are a few things you could add though, starting with a larger music selection (maybe Trance) and some difficulty levels. I really look forward to more submissions in the future.

AcidicFlame responds:

Woot! Yeah, the collision detection took some work, but I think it turned out OK. Thank you for the criticism, my next project will have better music and more difficulty settings. :D

Uhh.. parts of it didn't work

A bit of a tutorial and a menu would help, no offense intended, but a bit better music and the worst part of all was when you get the part where it says go to work, nothing happens and you lose. I would upgrade this before submitting to Rockout.

MercuryLime responds:

On "go to work", there should be an arrow pointing right that signifies you need to press the right arrow key. It goes away after you press it five times. Did nothing really show up?

18 Audio Reviews

Yeeh

A definite improvement from Call of Shadows (1), much more rounded and less like a demo. You tried a few different things and some could be tweeked or added to I think, but this is some really good groundwork. I know my reviews focus more on things to be improved but make sure you take all of them as a compliment. This is good stuff, don't forget that.
Specific Notes for this one would be that it is much more rounded than the previous but since you made it a bit more complicated there is a bit less polish to it, especially between 1:10 and about 2:15. I like what you did but some more detailing would really pull it off.
If I were to be really picky I would say that the higher melody could be a bit better, polished, or slightly more complex. Your bassline however is really awesome and it definitely carries the whole song.
I seriously look forward to hearing more from you.

Ballin

What can I say? This is sick.
A bit short but most of it is moreso like a "plateau" that is great for dancing, however there isn't much else to keep it going or reel people in like "Starburst - You Need Me V1.2"
Keep up the good work

MOAR

I freaking love pretty much all of the artists you mentioned this song was inspired by so I had to listen; and the best feedback I can give is that I really really want to hear more from you.
Going into specifics though, your intro is fragging incredible, I shit brix almost every time. Being able to do that and get people's ears amped about a song is what separates good songs from great songs.
The only problem I found is that most of the song gets you amped and thats it, there wasn't much of a given chorus for me to dance my face off, and yet I want to so bad because you have built up the song so well. Keeping us listening, hardly slowing down and then reeling us back in with something epic.
So I guess my advice is keep it up and if you can get a sick chorus plateau for your listeners to land on and go crazy to your sick beatz. Thank you

Actor, Gamer, Art Enthusiast, Music Lover